Pages

Monday, May 14, 2018

Christina Hollis—Springing Forward Into Summer

This has been a year full of challenges. First, the weather took a turn for the worse. The winter had been long and gloomy, but not especially harsh. Then in March, when we might have expected signs of spring to come thick and fast, England was attacked by what the media called the Beast from the East. Feet of snow fell in a matter of hours and for days the thermometer was stuck well below freezing. You can find out more about that here. I'm glad to say it feels more like spring as I'm writing this—and about time, too!

Find out more at christinahollisbooks.online
My second challenge was to start a new blog. Computers really aren't my thing, so I'm careering along on a learning curve so steep, it's almost vertical. I'd love to know what you think of christinahollisbooks.online. My series You Can Write! has been exploring the ways writers can combat the fallow patches that every author experiences. One interesting method is by attending a refresher course such as the Explorers workshops run by Libertà Books. The tutors, Joanna Maitland and Sophie Weston, are both successful authors who have each written many best-selling novels. Despite their great careers, they know what it's like when the words just won't come. The ideas they share really are drawn from what they call their 'blood-stained experience'.

You Can Write! continues next week, with a piece on the differences in approach between writing for pleasure, and profit.

Who could resist this? Not me, that's for sure!
May is my birthday month, which brought both pleasure and pain. Nobody likes getting older, and I've found my battle to maintain a healthy weight gets harder and harder as the years go by. This year, DD's present to me was a wonderful feast prepared by Waitrose Entertaining. The centrepiece was a big red- berry cheesecake, which made a lovely contrast to my triple chocolate birthday cake. Now you can see why I have such a struggle with my weight! Luckily, my husband also gave me a perfect present. It was a new treadmill, to replace the one I wore out a couple of years ago and never got around to replacing.

Now I have no excuse. If I want to eat cake, I have to put in the miles on the treadmill beforehand.

It's been a long time since I last poured myself into a bikini. That's not going to happen again any time soon, but I might manage to make it into a one-piece swimming costume before the summer is over!

Christina Hollis writes contemporary fiction starring complex men and independent women. Harlequin published six of her historical novels under the pen name Polly Forrester, then her first Mills and Boon Modern Romance, The Italian Billionaire’s Virgin, was published in 2007. Since then, she has written eighteen contemporary novels, sold nearly three million books, and her work has been translated into twenty different languages. When she isn’t writing, Christina is cooking, walking her dog, or working on her garden.

You can catch up with her at https://christinahollisbooks.online, on Twitter, Facebook, and see a full list of her published books at christinahollis.com


Her current release, Heart Of A Hostage, is published by The Wild Rose Press and available at myBook.to/HeartOfAHostage  worldwide.


2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

Happy Birthday!

denise

Christina Hollis said...

Thank you, Denise! I had a lovely day, and luckily the weather was glorious.