Pages

Monday, November 06, 2017

Addison Fox: Rest & Recharge

I’m a big believer in hard work. There is great satisfaction to be had from a job well done, both from the effort and the accomplishment. Because I take satisfaction from work, I also find great joy in relaxation. Those moments of NOT working, whether it’s at play, sleep, laughing, or all around moments of fun, are as essential to work as getting up and getting at it.



This past week I did all of the above. I spent the week with dear friends who live on the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and I’m pleased to report that I played, slept and laughed – a lot. Although the week was ostensibly set up as a writers retreat with two of my dearest writer pals, we found plenty of time to talk and laugh and enjoy ourselves in the midst of our work. A day on the lake, another spent curled up in blankets talking on the couch and yet another spent challenging each other to writing sprints all combined to create a week of relaxation and rejuvenation.


As I sit here on Sunday night, back at home and contemplating a week of both my writing work and my day job, I’m happy to report that I think of it all with a smile on my face, happy memories filling my thoughts and a deep desire to dive in on Monday morning and keep the momentum flowing. I’ve rested and recharged and I couldn’t be more grateful for the time!

Thanks for joining me today!
XO,

Addison

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

definitely need to recharge once in a while