Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Eve Gaddy: 'TWAS THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS

'Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house
Everyone was exhausted, even the mouse.
The children were playing, and asking for help
The dog was too tired even to yelp.

Okay, I broke down after that. You see, I've been trying hard to think of a good blog for the day after Christmas. I got nothin'. Everything about the holidays is tied to traditions about that particular day or days, or the days leading up to it. No one ever talks about what happens afterward. (With the exception of day after Christmas sales.) I thought I'd list some things people might do, along with my own answers.

Eat leftovers--Yes! I do this! Especially the cookies and pie. I confess, one of the things I love about the season are the goodies.


Clean up from the day before--I try very hard not to do this. 


Look at/play with/assemble your own presents and kids' or grandkids' presents.--I do this too. 


Go to work--Sometimes if I'm on deadline, I'll write, but I prefer to hang out and do nothing useful.

Drive around and look at lights--I like this a lot.

Watch sports--yes

Shop!!! No, I don't do this, but I know a lot of people do and enjoy it.


Play board games--we do this more on Christmas day, but sometimes the day after.


Take down the tree and put up decorations--I usually don't do this until the 27th. The 27th also happens to be my anniversary. Taking down the tree seems like a dumb thing to do on your anniversary, nevertheless, that's what I do. 

Work on New Year's resolutions--Another confession. I hate New Year's resolutions. Every time I've ever tried to make them, I've broken them almost immediately. It's as if my subconscious says, "Who are you kidding? I'm not doing that." I suppose it's the rebel in me.

Read--Now we're getting somewhere. This is one of my favorite things to do. But I don't have to wait until after the holidays to do it.:)
           

Why yes, that's me. (Not really.)

There's still time to get Last Shot for $1.99 at your favorite digital outlet!


What do you do after the holidays? Have I hit on any of the things you do? What do you enjoy doing and what do you try your best not to do?

Visit me at:
www.evegaddy.net  
www.facebook.com/EveGaddyAuthor
Twitter: @evegaddy





2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

My husband I saw a movie, went to Target to buy gift wrap for 1/2 price, then we went looking at Christmas lights--real exciting stuff for a date night on Saturday.

Denise

Unknown said...

I like to extend the holiday as long as possible, so I consider it Christmas for several days. I eat leftovers, including yummy desserts; check out all my wonderful new presents; watch Christmas movies; and listen to Christmas songs.

However, at the same time, I begin preparing for the New Year by cleaning up my office space, getting rid of junk, and making room for new creations.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Happy Anniversary, too :)