Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reading At The Beach

We were lucky enough to have a hot spell last week. It was perfect timing as I had just received a notice from Mills & Boon that they were starting their #SummerSizzler campaign. They were inviting authors to contribute.

Any excuse to go to the beach, right?

Here I am at 'my' beach. (It's not really mine. I drove there, but it was only two minutes. We can see the lake from my kitchen window, but we're not 'on' the lake.)


I have to say, as work assignments go, this one was about the best I've ever had. Here's another photo I staged while I was there.

I *love* the beach, especially reading (and napping) there.

For years, when I was still waiting to publish, I would take my kids to the beach and write on my alpha-smart or in a notebook while they swam. Nowadays, the beach is literally my vacation time, when I'm allowed to relax, unplug, and read my fellow authors.

In the summer, I run down to the beach so often, I keep a tote ready with all the usual supplies (sunscreen, lip balm, a few dollars for ice cream) and I always have a couple of books in there.

You're probably wondering who I like to read? Presents/Modern authors, of course! These were my favourite books long before I published and now it's even more fun because I know so many of the authors! And, even though in some ways it's 'homework,' it never feels like work.

The life of a romance author really is an amazing blessing!

How about I share some of this luxury by sending one lucky commenter some beach reading?

Seduced Into The Greek's World is on the shelves now, but the first three in the series are harder to find. Comment below with your favourite beach or favourite author to read on the beach and I'll pick a winner on June 22nd to receive autographed print copies of No Longer Forbidden?, More Than A Convenient Marriage?, and An Heir To Bind Them.

Here's the blurb for Seduced Into The Greek's World:

"I want you, Natalie. Not after five o'clock. Now." 

Every woman has a fantasy she only dares dream about in the dead of night. But for single mom Natalie Adams, the reality of an affair in Paris with infamous billionaire Demitri Makricosta surpasses even her wildest dreams!

Demitri is astounded by fiery Natalie. One night isn't enough, so to quench his lust he insists she become his mistress.

The closer Natalie gets to emotions Demitri has kept locked away, the more he distracts her with dazzling gifts and luxury holidays to ensure that seduction remains the only thing between them…

Here are the quick links for Seduced Into The Greek's World:

Chapters | Nook | Kobo | ARe | BooksaMillion | GooglePlay | iBooks

If you'd like more information on the first three books in the series, please visit my books page.
Have a great summer!

~ Dani

8 comments:

jcp said...

I don't live near a beach but this year I seem to be reading all of Lacy Williams sweet romances (Legacy series)

alysap AT yahoo DOT com

Barbara T. said...

Laguna Beach, CA, but any beach is fine for summer reading.

erin said...

Boy do I wish I could be at a beach and read!!! I think I'd pick something fun and romantic. Ummm... Jennifer Crusie, Tawna Fenske are a few fun authors that come to mind :) thanks for sharing and congrats on the new release!

Unknown said...

I love Wilmington Beach in NC and I am not all that picky about what I read on the beach, as long as it is romance I will be a happy camper and could stay out their all day long.

Dani Collins said...

Jenny Crusie, yes! Always good beach reading. (Anywhere, really!)

Emily, I want to visit the Carolinas SO BAD. I love the movie Shag, which takes place in Myrtle Beach, and I just want to go there and see everything!!

Barbara... California, of course! Non stop beaches there, right?

And I have yet to try Lacy Williams, jcp, but I've heard good things more than once so definitely someone to add to my TBR.

Thanks for commenting everyone. Keep them coming! :)

Mary Preston said...

For favorite beaches you can't beat the Sunshine Coast, QLD. I find a tree book is safer than an e-book. I learned that the hard way.

Dani Collins said...

lol, Mary! Yes, I guess so! Sand and water don't matter, do they? good point.

Dani Collins said...

Winner for the giveaway is ERIN! Congratulations! Please email me off my website with your postal address and I'll get the books out to you this week :)
dani