As people head out for vacation, I thought it might be fun to let you guys see what new books are my summer reading list, and why I chose them.
1) Unexpected Reunions by Carolyn White Greene (Inspirational) Bought it because it’s written by one of my best friends, and because it won two Holt medallion awards. I knew she was a brilliant writer, but now everyone else knows it too!
2) First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen (Magic Realism) I love Sarah’s lyrical style and romantic storytelling.
3) Me Before You by JoJo Moyes (Romance) Because I’ve heard so much about Moyes‘ books, I have to see what all the fuss is about.
4) The Yoga Miracle by Sanjay Patel (Nonfiction) Yoga has completely changed my life. The more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know anything.
5) Suddenly One Summer by Julie James (Romance) She’s one of my favorite new-to-me author. Love her hip urban settings and characters.
6) Swag by Elmore Leonard. (Mystery) Love the way this man writes dialogue. After binge watching Justified, I’ve started glomming in Leonard’s books.
7) Carolina Man by Virginia Kantra (Romance) Virginia is up against me in the RITAs’ this year, and I want to know just how screwed I am. She’s so great with character emotions.
8) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Mystery) I’ve already read it, and seen the movie, but now I want to dissect the book line by line as a writer, just to see how she pulled off such brilliance.
9) Once in a Million by Jill Shalvis. (Romance) Same reason for reading Kantra. Plus Jill’s books are just so fun.
10) Surrendering to the Sheriff by Delores Fossen (Romantic Suspense) Delores is another friend of mine who is about to hit BIG. Be on the lookout for her upcoming single titles from HQN.
How about you? What’s on your summer reading list and why did you pick the books you picked?