Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Yvonne Lindsay: Expect The Unexpected


Life has a nasty habit of throwing some equally unpleasant twists and turns at a person when they least expect it. In my October Harlequin Desire Billionaires and Babies release, THE CHILD THEY DIDN’T EXPECT, my hero and heroine, Ronin and Ali, see life as they knew it hit some major speed bumps after their steamy vacation fling.

Writing this story I had originally planned to set it on one of the beautiful islands of Hawaii, one of my favourite places in the world, but in the end, I chose to base most of the story back here in New Zealand and, in particular, in the rural community of Whitford, which isn’t far from where I live. It’s a beautiful part of the greater Auckland area, with rolling hills, forest, farm land, a large marina and boat club nearby and views of the Auckland harbour that always make me just sigh with sheer joy.

My early reviewers tell me they needed tissues for this story (I seem to have developed a habit of making my readers cry!) … but I can promise you’ll reach the end of this emotional journey with a happy heart. If you’d like to join my review team and have the opportunity to receive advance copies of my books to review, please visit my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/YvonneLindsayAuthor and click on the App to join my Reader Team and/or click on the email update app for new release information.


In the meantime, how about you tell me about a place that makes you sigh with sheer joy. Are you a beach person, city person, rural, mountains? Where’s your favourite place? All comments will go into the draw for one lucky person to win an Australian/New Zealand edition of THE CHILD THEY DIDN’T EXPECT together with a couple of other goodies. Good luck and happy reading!



***Yvonne's winner is Agatha Townsend!  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing details!***

14 comments:

petite said...

A beach is my ultimate favorite vacation since it is soothing, relaxing and wonderful. A Florida beach with soft, white sand.

erin said...

Since I live literally in the smack dab middle of the US, I dream of beaches!!! My dream would be a cottage that opened up onto a private, soft beach where I could sit and read :) Thanks for s haring and congrats on the new release!

traveler said...

Since I live in the mountains I pine for the beach which calms my heart and is ideal for walking along the shore and reading on a beach chair while the waves roll in. A wonderful post and best wishes.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

The beach is always a winner in our book!

Mary Preston said...

The place that makes me sigh is the Sunshine Coast, QLD. I have been holidaying there since I was a young child & my parents retired to there. It feels like home & I do love the beach.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Oh, that sounds divine. I've never made it further than various stops along the West Coast of the States and I'd love to visit Florida one day!

Yvonne Lindsay said...

I'm sure where you live is beautiful but the dream escape you mention sounds idyllic too. Thanks for the congrats!

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Thank you traveler and I totally understand you pining for the beach. I live near the beach and I still can't get enough of it.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

And another vote for the beach! I think we're all beach babies at heart, right?

Yvonne Lindsay said...

I've been on the Gold Coast, Mary, but haven't made it to the Sunshine Coast yet. One of these days, I hope!

Unknown said...

I miss the beaches and mountains in New Hampshire, I lived there for sixty years. My husband and I rented a cottage on York Beach , Maine for one week in summer and would travel two hours to a cabin in North Conroy,N. H. for a week in fall, the colors are amazing.He died in 2011 came to visit my sister in North Carolina and am in North Carolina. Love it here.

Laney4 said...

I don't need to go somewhere special to sigh with job. My answer is "the tub" (although a Jacuzzi would be even better if I could have one in my own home) - with a good book, of course!

Yvonne Lindsay said...

The Carolinas sound beautiful, Agatha and I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like your summer and fall vacations were wonderful.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Ah,yes, nothing like a lovely soak in the bath with a good book. Bliss!