Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Alissa Callen's Cherish Me, Cowboy


Even though I’m an Australian country girl, after living in the Rocky Mountains of America, a part of me will forever remain in the States. I loved seeing elk in my garden instead of kangaroos. I loved riding through groves of golden-leaved aspens and past old log cabins that had a rich and vivid history as colourful as any Aussie high-county hut. The accents might have been different, the cowboys and cowgirls might have driven pickup trucks and not utes but the small town values that unified and enriched isolated communities remained the same. So when I put fingers to the keyboard and entered the fictional world of Marietta, Montana, it was like I was coming home.


Cherish Me, Cowboy is part of Tule Publishing’s Copper Mountain Rodeo series and is the first book in my own novella series based around ranches named after wildflowers. The second book, titled Her Mistletoe Cowboy, will be out before Christmas. In Cherish Me, Cowboy, the heroine, cowgirl Payton Hollis, embodies the cowboy code. She is resilient, courageous and honourable. It will take a special type of man to match her strength and her spirit. Cordell Morgan is such a man. The only problem is that his childhood demons never allow him to stay in one place for very long.


So please come and visit rural Montana with me and see what happens when a sassy cowgirl lowers her guard and a man, who believes emotions are nothing but a liability, takes the ultimate risk.

In keeping with the wildflower theme of my ranch series I’d love to hear what everyone’s favorite wildflower might be. A comment will be picked at random and the contributor will win a kindle eBook copy of Cherish Me, Cowboy

***Alissa's winner is Bonnie!  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing details!***

8 comments:

Janine said...

I enjoyed this book

dstoutholcomb said...

Daisy. Loved the story.

Unknown said...

Hi Janine, thanks so much for stopping by and am so glad you enjoyed CMC:)

Unknown said...

Hi dstoutholcomb, daisies are such a pretty flower, love them too:) Am thanks so much for reading CMC:)

Bonnie said...

Sunflowers !

Mary Preston said...

I like most flowers. Daffodils always look so happy.

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie, so lovely to see you here:) Sunflowers are so pretty and are out at the moment down here!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, daffodils do look so happy and so cheerful! I have some out in my garden as Spring has finally arrived:)