Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

#omgHollyJacobs

I was at Romance Writers of America's conference in San Antonio at the end of July.  I did two book signing for Just One Thing, met with my editors and other publishing people.  And I met up with friends…old friends and new friends.

I met some of those new friends when they were waiting in line for the signing.  And I'll confess, I was a bit shameless.  You see for years, I've bribed people to come over to me at book signings and pretend they were as excited to meet me as they might be to meet…let's say, Nora Roberts.  I  bribed…er, encouraged my new friends to do the same thing.  And that resurrection of my old ways led to this video.



You see...shameless.  It gets worse.  After that, I encouraged people to #omgHollyJacobs on Twitter.   I went around the rest of the conference telling people I was trending.  I mean, ten people hash-tagging you is a trend, right??

Now, I'll confess, I don't think Spielberg is worried about my new foray into movies.  But I'll confess, I had a good time.  And I've already got an idea for a new video to showcase my October book, Christmas in Cupid Falls.  Hey, maybe Spielberg is getting nervous.  I mean, if ten people can be a trend, then a one minute clip might have him worrying that next time I'll try for…two minutes!

There might be an #omgHollyJacobs2 soon.  A bunch of friends (two or three people can be a bunch, right?  I mean, if ten people can be a trend, I think that's about right!) asked if they could send a clip.  I'll keep you posted! LOL

Holly

PS I also brought an extra book home from conference, Queen of Your Own Life.  I'm giving that away, along with a new rerelease of mine, The Baby Gift (that contains Unexpected Gifts).  Just like my Facebook Page/Post.


11 comments:

Sandy Swanger Bartles said...

I love it and you! You are a wonderfully, funny author and I love your books!

HollyJacobs said...

Sandy, I'm so glad you enjoyed my shamelessness! LOL Really, it was so much fun putting it together. It's rough, but I was pleased with it being a first try!

And I'm glad you've loved my books! That started my day off with a smile!

Liz Flaherty said...

OMG, it's you! Lol, Holly. I'm glad it was so much fun.

HollyJacobs said...

Liz, It was a blast! I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had both at the conference, and making this one minute video.

Shirley said...

All I can say is Speilberg, Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid.

HollyJacobs said...

Shirley, LOL Yeah, it's nice of you to say so, but I'm not so sure that's accurate! LOL

Bonnie said...

Would love to win!

HollyJacobs said...

Bonnie, Well, if you've like the page & post you're in the hat! I have a copy of the book sitting here for me. Hoping to get to it soon…I really enjoyed Ratzlaff's speech!

Nidhi Singh said...

Video you shared is worth to watch, I really enjoy it. We provide Stock tips, we are Epic research.

Kaelee said...

Holly I know I'm a day late but I loved this video when I first saw it. Loved it the second time also. I would be a natural for OMG it's Holly Jacobs, No bribing required.

HollyJacobs said...

Kaelee, LOL Hey, I have a couple people who wanted to be included. Use your smart phone, film a clip and email it to me…I'd love to have you in the OMG2!