Pages

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Annie West: Back in the Italian's Bed

No woman walks away from billionaire Fabrizio Armati’s bed. No woman except Jenna MacDonald. Now he’ll stop at nothing to get her back, and keep her there.

 
I'm proud as punch to announce the release of my first novella ever. My first self published work too!
If you love strong, charismatic heroes with Mediterranean panache and all the skills of a Latin lover, you'll enjoy Fabrizio's story. Personally, I love the fact that despite his strength and self-confidence and all that experience wooing and winning women, there's one woman who doesn't make life easy for him. In fact Jenna challenges him in ways that make him furious and frustrated and determined to win her back on his terms. This one is a roller coaster ride of sizzling passion and raw emotion. Here's a taste:
It’s love at first sight for Jenna when charismatic hotelier Fabrizio Armati sweeps her off her feet in Venice. That chance encounter sparks a sizzling affair that lasts until she discovers Fabrizio sees her as no more than a convenient, expendable mistress. Then her world falls apart.
Six months later Jenna tells herself she’s moved on. Until Fabrizio walks into a meeting to find her working for his greatest rival. She’s about to discover just how far he’ll go to get her back in his bed.
When revenge turns to passion, will surrender be on his terms, or hers?
You'll have to read the story to find out, but at just 99c I'm hoping you decide to see how Jenna and Fabrizio resolve their differences. You can buy the book from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
If you were going to be swept off your feet, where would you choose? Venice, like Jenna? Paris? Somewhere quiet and secluded? Or maybe somewhere unexpected - do you dream of Mr Right turning up unexpectedly where you work or in your home town? What would be your fantasy first meet?
I'll give away a signed copy of one of my books to someone who joins me in conversation here.
 

19 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I love the beach & the ocean. I especially love beach-combing. It would be rather fun to find that special someone along the shore line.

Annie West said...

Hi Mary,
It's good to see you here. Isn't beach-combing fun? And I think walking along the sand is a great time for dreaming. Maybe the perfect place to meet an interesting stranger.

Laney4 said...

I doubt I would ever be anywhere other than my own neck of the woods ... and, even though I am an extrovert in most people's eyes, I really do prefer peace and quiet most of the time ... so I think meeting at a library, whether at the entrance or inside, would be more realistic for me. I believe that more women read books than men, so it would be a turn-on that "my hero" would enjoy reading (almost) as much as I do.
Side story: When I dated/wed my husband of now almost 33 years, his family didn't like when I used "big words" - thought I was showing off/better than them/whatever. So for over 25 years I quit using "big words" around them and eventually around almost everyone. Then I got a job typing psychological reports for a woman who used "big words" on a regular basis, and, sure enough, my vocabulary was re-awakened. My kids commented on me actually using "big words" and I explained that sometimes these words make more sense than the other words, and, at this stage of my life, I was going to continue with them. Next thing I knew, my own "kids" were using big words too. Now they'll never use as many as I do because (gasp) their only reading is texting and emails, but they no longer "make fun" of me and instead try to keep up with me (it'll never happen, but they DO try, LOL). Anyway ... I'm not exposed to people who use "big words"/enjoy the written word on a regular basis, so THAT indeed would be a turn-on for me.

Jan VanEngen said...

Annie I am sure will know my answer....The Middle East.... deserts, oasis, tents, camels and of course my Sheikh....

Anna Campbell said...

Annie, huge congratulations on the release of Back in the Italian's Bed. And I love that cover - it's sexy and romantic at the same time, which is a hard act to pull off! No need to put me in the draw - I've read this wonderful story and absolutely loved it!

Kim said...

Congratulations on the new venture into self-publishing. The plot sounds very interesting. As for your question, there's nothing quite like walking on a beach on a beautiful fall day.

penney said...

I was in London and loved it there with my husband but I would like to say Venice it looks so romantic there,
Your book sounds good I can't wait to read it.
penney

Annie West said...

Hi Penney,
Isn't London a great place to be with someone special? And Venice too! I want to go back to both. Hope you make it there too.
Hope you enjoy the novella!

Annie West said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the congratulations. It's very exciting to be able to write a story and have it out to readers so quickly. Another vote for beach walking - obviously there's wide appeal there.

Annie West said...

Anna, thank you. I love that you love the story, and the cover. Both make me smile, I have to say.

Annie West said...

Jane - no surprises there but of course it's a wonderful, dreamy place for a romance - with the right man, of course.

Annie West said...

Hi Laney, you've struck a chord with me. I met my husband in a library! How apt is that for a writer? I think meeting a handsome, fascinating stranger in a place you're comfortable would be a real treat.

Sad that you were made to feel bad about the way you spoke. I'm glad that doesn't happen now. Hopefully one day you'll find your children reading books too - there's such joy in them.

erin said...

congrats on the new release! I'd also have to say Venice as long as I had a translater :) Thanks for sharing!

Lil said...

I would love to be swept off my feet in Paris. There is so much in museums and wonderful food to chat over.

Annie West said...

Erin, I'm wondering if you need a translator in Venice. We didn't have much Italian when we were there but we got by. I must say, it's an amazing place. What a great place for a romantic meeting!

Annie West said...

Hi Lil, what a fantastic choice! Salivating here at the thought of the Parisian food too.

Annie West said...

Thanks, everyone, for joining me to talk about places for romantic meets! I love all the suggestions.

As promised, I've done a random draw to pick a winner of a signed book. That winner is LIL - CONGRATULATIONS! If you visit my website at www.annie-west.com you can see a list of my titles and choose a book that's already out or been out. Then email me at annie(at)annie-west(dot) com with your address so I can get it to you.

Unknown said...

The bags shown in this blog are very trendy and and some of the most amazing bags can be purchased online

Laurie G said...

Salzburg, Austria It looks so beautiful in the Alps and romantic! Great historical buildings, excellent food!