Pages

Monday, December 02, 2013

Addison Fox: A Lazy Sunday

For those of you in the U.S., this past Thursday was our annual Thanksgiving holiday. A day known for its wonderful combination of gratitude, loved ones and carb loading, Thanksgiving is one of the days I most look forward to every year for any number of reasons – not only the ones I named, but so many more.

I love that Thanksgiving kicks off the holiday season.

I love that mad rush of traffic and excitement and general anticipation that fills the air starting the Saturday before and growing steadily each day.

I love the smells that fill the house and the sounds, too. Laughter. The shouts over football. Clinking glasses in toast. A few terse words (wouldn’t be a holiday without a few!) And that distinct sound when the house stills just after the doorbell rings and before you open the door.

And most of all, I love that fact that we have Thanksgiving at all. A day devoted to gratitude. It’s sort of incredible when you think about it. One whole day where we stop and think about the gifts in our lives.

There’s one other thing I love about Thanksgiving and that’s the Sunday afterward. Even though it’s a bit of a let down to end a fun long weekend, there’s something about the post-rush of excitement that sort of encourages you to move a little bit slower. Oh sure, there’s still shopping to do, some travel to be had and even some meals to cook, but it’s also a day to weed the garden or linger over the paper or – if you’re like me – curl up with a good book for a few hours and while away the afternoon.

Yep – I love Thanksgiving. The rush and the crazy, the quiet and the thankful. And I also love that good book that’s waiting for me at the end of the weekend.

What about you? How was your holiday? And did you have a chance to spend some “me time” after the crazy rush of cooking and shopping was over?

Thanks for joining me today!
XOXO,
Addison


~~~~~~~~~~
Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, THE LONDON DECEPTION, is out now from Harlequin Romantic Suspense.


You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/addisonfoxauthor or on Twitter: www.twitter.com/addisonfox

No comments: