Pages

Friday, October 04, 2013

Addison Fox: An Unexpected Stop

As a writer, it’s my job to write about life – the big moments, the small moments and the moments that take our breath away. So how can I do that—or keep doing that—if I don’t make sure I get out and experience moments of my own.

I had one of those moments last week. I was traveling on business with several colleagues and we took a small detour in our day and went apple picking in a beautiful Massachusetts orchard. Here I was, dressed in my professional clothes and heels, tromping through the orchard and plucking apples off the tree. We were only there for a half hour at most, but it was thirty minutes incredibly well spent and I loved it!

What I loved even more…. Doing something unexpected and off the beaten path.

When I got back in that car and continued on with my day’s meetings, my heart was lighter, my step had a bit more spring in it and my smile was a little wider. I’d had a few unexpected moments of fun and it was well worth the detour in my day.

What about you? When was the last time you took a detour? And how did it make you feel?

Thanks for joining me today!
XOXO,
Addison

PS
By the way – the apple was delicious!!


~~~~~~~~~~
Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, THE LONDON DECEPTION, is out now from Harlequin Romantic Suspense.


You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/addisonfoxauthor or on Twitter: www.twitter.com/addisonfox

2 comments:

Linda Henderson said...

I think taking time out to do something unscheduled is good for everyone. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that in awhile.

Laurie G said...

This past summer we decided to stop at Storybook Gardens in Sheboygan,WI with our then 19 month old granddaughter. Books are provided with reading areas as you visit a scene from a featured book. Cute idea! For example a barn with items from Charlotte's Web and Peter Rabbit and Pooh's Tree House. I can't wait to go again when our granddaughter is a little bit older.