Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Steamed: A Maid in LA Mystery

Steamed: A Maid in LA Mystery

I've written more than 50 romances for Harlequin, Avalon and now Montlake Romance.  I've written straight up comedies, light humor and heavy emotional stories.  And this month, I've written something that's not quite any of those things.

Steamed isn't really a romance.  It isn't really a mystery.  It's Quincy Mac's story.  Who is Quincy?  She's a mother first and foremost.  She came to LA from Erie, PA (where else? LOL) with dreams of fortune and fame.  Instead she got married and had three sons, all one year apart.  Then she got divorced and she started a cleaning service with her best friend, Tiny.  Yes, being a maid might not be as glamorous as an award winning actress, but Quincy's built a wonderful life.  

Until... (Come on, you know there had to be an until!)
 the day she accidentally cleans a murder scene and a particularly hunky cop questions her.  Now, most people, even if they accidentally cleaned not only the murder scene, but the murder weapon, would sit back and let the cops figure out who the real murderer is.  But not Quincy. You see, she has an uncle who was wrongly accused of a crime and he spent two years in jail before the cops figured out he was innocent.

Quincy can't go to jail.  She has three boys to raise. She's going to be maid-of-honor in her best friend's wedding. And she's absolutely sure she's not someone who's meant to have a tattoo.  

So, she's on the scene.

I'm fortunate...I tend to sell a book, then write it.  But Quincy's story I wrote just for me, because the idea nagged at me.  I wrote her story on weekends around other contract and I'm thrilled to finally send her out in the world.  And I'm thrilled that the first reviews have been so good.  I hope you'll check out her story!  It's available on Amazon right now, and will hopefully be out sometime soon on other eBook platforms!

Holly

3 comments:

Pat Cochran said...

Quincy's story sounds very good!
I'll be interested in finding how
it turns out!

Pat C.

Mary Preston said...

STEAMED looks fabulous. I'm impressed by the number 50.

HollyJacobs said...

Thanks so much, Pat and Mary! I had so much fun telling Quincy's story! I so hope readers enjoy her, too!

Holly