Detective Shane Ford, Sugarland’s favorite cop, has been blindsided by the sudden death of his best friend, NFL star Brad Cooper, and becoming the legal guardian of Brad’s son, Drew—a bitter, angry sixteen-year-old with a dangerous secret. Shane is determined to pry the truth from Drew, but only manages to alienate him—and winds up going head to head with Juvenile Detective Daisy Callahan, whose job is to protect the teen’s best interests.
Shane has always been drawn to Daisy’s beauty and strength, but he’s determined not to allow their intense attraction to interfere with his duty ever again. It’s a vow that will prove difficult to keep, as the realities of Shane and Daisy’s blossoming love and their growing bond with the grieving teen propel Shane headlong into danger for the new family he’s sworn to protect.
Top Ten Things Readers Should Know About Detective Shane Ford
1) Shane is the most eligible bachelor in town and he plans to keep it that way—until he gets close to Daisy Callahan on a dangerous case and she ignites his passion.
2) Shane is a top detective at the Sugarland Police Department.
3) He’s good friends with many of the guys at Fire Station Five.
4) Shane is six-plus feet of lean, long-legged sexy cowboy cop with gray eyes and sable brown hair that’s a bit longer than regulation.
5) He’s got a soft spot for kids, especially his 16 year-old godson, Drew.
6) Shane has a twin sister, Shea, who’s the heroine in LINE OF FIRE.
7) Shane’s brother-in-law is Tommy Skyler, former Station Five firefighter, who now works for the Fire Marshal’s office.
8) Shane’s best friend is murdered, and he suddenly becomes legal guardian of his godson, Drew.
9) Shane will have to work fast to discover Drew’s dangerous secret if he hopes to save his new family.
10) Shane is 100% pure hero, and it’s too bad there aren’t more men like him in the world.