Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Presents RITA Finalists by Caitlin Crews

Next week I'll be attending the Romance Writer's of America Annual Conference in Orlando. It will be my first time attending the conference as a Harlequin author, which makes everything a whole lot more exciting. I've been reading Harlequin romance novels for as long as I can remember--but it still seems like a dream come true that I'm now writing them.

One of the best parts of the conference is the annual RITA award evening. The RITA is the Oscar of the romance world. Its purpose is to "promote excellence in the romance genre by recognizing outstanding published romance novels and novellas." Every year, some of the best romance novels out there are honored. This year, four books from the line I write for are finalists:



One-Night Mistress...Convenient Wife by Anne McAllister



Duty, Desire, and the Desert King by Jane Porter



The Christmas Love-Child by Jennie Lucas



Revealed: A Prince and a Pregnancy by Kelly Hunter

Having read all four, I can tell you that there is some fierce competition for the 2010 RITA for Contemporary Series Romance--and these are only the finalists from the Presents line!

You can check out all the RITA finalists over here.

The winners will be announced a week from tonight! Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Pat Cochran said...

Hi Megan, I'm making a run to my favorite bookstore tomorrow and I've
just added these four books to my list. I want to read them before the
conference next week. I may have to
add to the list because I'll be going
over to the lists of RWA finalists as
I leave here!

Pat Cochran

Christina Hollis said...

Good luck to all the finalists. Have a wonderful time at the conference, everyone!

practimom said...

Good luck and have a great time in FL!!!