Pages

Friday, July 02, 2010

Jasmine's Guilty Pleasures

Hah, I stole the blog title from TV Guide! Because they were talking about the very same thing this week (my mom gets TV Guide, I just use the Internet).

So, my guilty pleasure is Burn Notice. Jeffrey Donovan (who plays Michael Westen) is just so darn cute when he smiles; the big grin that shows his pearly whites. Okay, he’s a huge draw. But I love the show, too. Especially his mom played by Sharon Gless. She’s just too funny. In a way, the show reminds me of the old Mission Impossible. Sure, Michael’s been burned by the CIA (at least I think it’s the CIA) and there’s that ongoing plot line, but each episode is also about a client who needs help. Michael and his motley crew always develop this elaborate con game to save the client and get the bad guy. Just like in Mission Impossible (except without the masks). Hmm, you know, I don’t think Michael even gets paid for saving the client, so where does he get all the money for the fancy gadgets. Whatever. The show is very funny while at times kind of poignant. And the best is that my husband likes it, too. We usually enjoy all the sci fi shows like Battlestar Gallactica, but this is one of the few non-scifi we agree on. A few of my other guilty pleasures are Castle, Dexter, True Blood and Mad Men. Hubby likes Mad Men but not Dexter, Castle or True Blood. Oh, and The Office! Can’t forget The Office! Now, I should say that we always watch these shows on DVD, so we’re always a year behind. Okay, I sneaked in and watched Pam and Jim’s wedding, but other than that, we have to wait until September to catch up!

So, what are some of your guilty pleasures? I can put them in my Netflix queue! Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for an autographed copy of Open Invitation. I’ll also add you to my newsletter for updates if you aren’t already a member.

Be sure to drop over to my blog this week for more chances to win books. http://jasminehaynes.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Friday!

Andrea I said...

Have a great Friday! I enjoy Leverage, The Closer, Psych, the CSI'and NCIS. Occasionally some of the WE TV programs. All of mine is watched On Demand through the cable company. We love Netflix at our house.

ainfinger@comcast.net

Estella said...

No guilty pleasures---very seldom watch anything but sports.
I prefer to read.

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Armenia said...

Happy Friday, Jasmine.

I don't watch much TV but when I do I usually get hooked. Like you, I love Mad Men and Burn Notice. I've added House on the same list.

But my true guilty pleasure is reading my romance novels. So many books, so little time.

Have a great Fourth of July weekend!!

armiefox at yahoo dot com

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Jasmine,

I have so many "guilty pleasures!"
Let's start with NCIS, Bones, all the CSI shows, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, White Collar, Burn Notice, Closer, Flashpoint, Miami Medical, Boston Medical, In Plain
Sight, Saving Grace, the Law and
Order shows. I'm sure I'm leaving some one out - Sorry!

Pam P said...

Love Burn Notice, too, Jasmine. I recommend White Collar, art thief Neal is a cutie, gets caught by federal agent (who's also sexy in a different way than charmer Neal), who gets him released wearing an ankle bracelet to help him catch another thief. Now Neal helps him on other cases.

Also, watch for Human Target on Fox, returning in the fall, quirky special ops type guy - no one knows who Christoper Chance really is.

Happy Fourth!

Dina said...

My guilty pleasures include: True Blood, Castle, Sons of Anarchy and Justfied.

Dina said...

forgot email:

dlsmilad@yahoo.com

practimom said...

I love Burn Notice, too. I also like Eureka, NCIS, and any B Scifi movie. but with my husband and kids, it's either Deadliest Catch, Cake Boss or Spongebob. I'm living the life ;)!

practimom@yahoo.com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thanks, everyone, for all the great recommendations. I've got a lot to add to Netflix!

And the winner of Open Invitation is Practimom! Congratulations! I'll be sending you an email for your snail mail!

Linda Henderson said...

One of my guilty pleasures is NCIS, I watch it all the time on USA network. I also like Castle and that's usually where you will find me on Monday nights, watching Castle.