Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

New Beginnings


New years always bring new beginnings. Of course they do, you say. It's new! And it's both exciting and just a little bit scary at the same time too. So, what new beginnings am I looking at so far this year.


1. The launch of the Diamonds Down Under continuity with Silhouette Desire. The first book in the continuity, VOWS & A VENGEFUL GROOM, by Bronwyn Jameson, is out now and sets the scene for our awesome series. For more information about the series, the books and the authors involved visit our website and bookmark our blog so you can be in to win some amazing prizes including diamonds, editor and agent critiques and more!


2. My new release in February, very appropriately titled, TYCOON'S VALENTINE VENDETTA! We had a wee hiccup with the back cover and inside copy where a name change for the hero didn't quite make it to production but hey, it doesn't affect the story, right? And ooh-la-la! Don't you just love this cover! I know I do and it's perfect for the characters and the story. And, in even more fun, if you visit Harlequin's Valentine's Day website you'll get to see the cover in a spot the differences game.

3. New authors for me to read. I'm sitting here typing this and looking at my TBR pile and smiling happily at the thought of tucking into these wonderful books. It's always fun to read new authors along with my old favourites. Since I'm between contracts right now I have plenty of time to read and I'm making the most of it!

So, as we head into a new year with new challenges and special moments to look forward to what is it that you're looking forward to the most right now?
Yvonne Lindsay is currently sweltering in the New Zealand summer heat and thinks lying around and reading a book is the perfect way not to raise a sweat! For more information about Yvonne, visit her website http://www.yvonnelindsay.com/ or check out her blog http://yvonnelindsay.wordpress.com/

16 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Yvonne, happy new year, my friend! May 2008 be full of happiness and success for you. And congratulations on the Diamonds Down Under continuity series and also on your new book. They both sound absolutely fantastic. I've just been talking to Bron J about the series over at Romance Bandits romancebandits.blogspot.com and it all sounds so glamorous and exciting! I've just started a new book with the new year and I'm really looking forward to seeing where those characters take me. It's always exciting to launch into a new story, isn't it?

Annie West said...

Hi Yvonne, and happy new year. I'm jealous of you being out of contract and looking at all the books you're going to read. I have an enormous TBR pile and the new story I have to write now means I may not get to it for a bit longer.

All the best with the new release. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Annie

Ellory said...

I'm looking forward to the continuity series that Bronwyn started. Can't wait for more.

I'm looking forward to finding new authors even though I go "lalalala" when someone mentions a new author. I end up adding them to my long wishlist and try to find time to read something by them.

I'm looking forward to lots of wonderful chatting with friends about romance books.

Jane said...

Looking forward to the "Diamond" series.

Wolfy said...

This whole series looks to be an exciting read to kick off the New Year. The website is fun to go to and explore.

Looking forward to maybe being able to travel to see my kids and grandchildren soon.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Hi there, Anna, and right back at you with the NY wishes :-)! Starting a new book is great fun. I love it!

Annie! Ahoy there my eyeball to eyeball friend ;-) I can't believe you're jealous of me, LOL! I think I'd prefer the security of knowing where I'm headed this year.

Ann M. (aren't there alot of ann-- names today?) I know what you mean about new authors. Just before Christmas I took a few hundred near new books to the Women's Refuge here where I live but at the rate I'm going already I'll be making another trip soon enough for them to set up their own lending library!

Jane, you won't be disappointed with the Diamonds Down Under series, I'm sure. There's lots of everything to tempt and tantalise in the series.

Cryna, I hope you get to see your kids and grandkids soon. There's nothing more important than quality time with family.

Estella said...

I'm looking forward to all the new books I'll be able to read!

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to getting my son settled into college so I have the time to start reading again. I have spent this past week packing for him and driving to the college which is an hour away to get his housing and other things together. Tomorrow I will take him back and leave him at his dorm. I have been trying to get him in college since he graduated high school im May. Now he's going Whoo Hoo!!!

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Hey there, Estella. Yep, more great books is always something to look forward too :-)

Virginia! Your boy is off to college, wow, that's a rite of passage. For both of you! Congratulations. At least he won't be tooooo far away, just far enough for you to miss one another but not so far you can't spend the occasional weekend or holiday together.

Nathalie said...

I also looking forward to the continuity series that Bronwyn started... it was nice because all the authors come from New Zealand or Australia :)

Out of Contract... is that a good thing!?!

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Nathalie, Out Of Contract... sounds like the name of a movie or a good book! Basically out of contract means an author has fulfilled her contract comittments to date and is awaiting a new contract to commence work again. LOL, out of contract or between contracts, either makes me a little edgy. I have a few story proposals before my editor though and I do expect news soon. Then I'll be worrying about how busy I'll be!

Lily said...

Hi Yvonne,

I am anxious for the rest of The Diamonds continuity :) and some of your other books as well... I have read all your Previous Presents and really enjoyed them :)

It must be quite frustrating to wait for your proposal to be accepted... is it possible that they refuse a book, even if you are a well established author in the line?

Unknown said...

Happy New Year and good luck on your proposal.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Lily, I've had ideas knocked back in the past because either (a) another author has just signed on a similar idea, or (b) the conflict wasn't strong enough/story not quite right etc. But I tend to send in more than one story idea at a time so I'm hopeful that two or even three will be picked up this time around. I like to know where I'm headed for the coming year and I'm very eager to get into new the stories. Thanks for your kind words about my books, I have three new titles out this year in Feb, Jun and Aug.

Georgie, thanks for the good luck and happy new year to you too!

Maureen said...

Congratulations on the new book! I look forward to more to more great books.

Yvonne Lindsay said...

Thanks, Maureen! I look forward to writing them :-)