Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Deep And Crisp And Even… - Christina Hollis

…that’s what we like – snow, for a proper, old fashioned English ‘Boxing Day’. Unfortunately we rarely get it these days. Whether or not global warming is to blame, weather in this country is usually damp and mild until Christmas, and then cold and dry until April. Of course, there’s always the unexpected blizzard to keep us all on our toes and off the roads!

The seven days between Christmas and New Year always seem gloomy, no matter what the weather. Knowing how miserable this can be, I’ve been saving a special treat for myself. The moment I saw the cover of Michelle Styles’ book ‘A Christmas Wedding Wager’, I knew I had to have it. After getting my hands on a copy, I’ve managed to avoid opening it so far. I’ll be starting Emma and Jack’s story later today, as soon as I can find enough time to curl up with a cup of tea and a slice of home-made Clementine cake. A solitary pleasure like that makes a lovely contrast to all the partying, and there’s been plenty of that this year.
With three titles out in 2007 (The Italian Billionaire’s Virgin, Count Giovanni’s Virgin and One Night In His Bed) my feet have hardly touched the ground. I’d like to thank all my readers for making this year really special for me. Visit my website, http://www.christinahollis.com/, to keep an eye on what’s going on. In February 2008, One Night In His Bed is going to be my first USA ‘Presents’ release, so that will be a really exciting time. I’m already starting to plan the stories I’ll be writing in the New Year, which will keep me busy until drier weather lets me start work on the garden again.

Christmas can be a difficult time for some people. I hope you have had a peaceful, restful holiday season wherever you are, and whatever you’ve been doing. And to end on a cheerful note, look what my lovely sister and her husband got for Christmas 2007 – triplets!

Christina

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations to you and your sister on all the wonderful news. Happiest of holidays to everyone.

Christina Hollis said...

Thanks, Maureen. I wish you and everyone else looking in a happy and peaceful 2008.

Estella said...

Congratulations, Auntie!

Wolfy said...

Congratulations on your great news. And also on the additions to your sister's family. Those three babies will keep her busy. Congratulations Auntie.

Christina Hollis said...

Thanks for all your kind wishes. I'll pass them on, though as the babies came home from the special care baby unit on Christmas Eve, it'll be a while before my sister's on an even keel again. When I rang to see how they were all getting on, she wasn't sure whether they'd get around to having their Christmas dinner cooked by New Year!

Michele L. said...

Oh wow! What a precious gift to receive at this time of year, triplets!

Merry Christmas and a very blessed New Year!

Michele L.

Unknown said...

Wow, Congrats to your sister! What a great Christmas present

Nathalie said...

Wow... taht is what we call a bundle of Joy!

Lily said...

Beautiful...