Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Anne McAllister -- Happy to be here!


Thanks, Lee, for inviting me to join the blog. Blogging is so much more fun than "writing."

Good to see so many familiar faces here, too. Hi everyone!

Trish, Kate has been raving to me about your Virgin book, so I'm looking forward to reading it. When I get holed up working I never seem to get to the bookstore while things are on the shelves. So it's a good thing there are online bookstores now (though my husband as been known to groan when he sees yet another box being delivered by the mailman!)

I've just dealt with a virgin of my own in The Santorini Bride (Feb 2007) -- and just got the cover yesterday, so I'm showing it off here!

I'm just starting a new book (a spin-off of a book I did six years ago -- the heroine was only 19 in that book and she had to grow up a bit to get her own story!) and so far things are good. But I'm nowhere near the "dreaded middle" yet.

How do you guys handle that? Or maybe you don't dread middles the way I do. There just seem to be so many options, even if you know your characters well. I love the "setting out" and the "tying up" -- but the middles can be quicksand, I think.

1 comment:

Susan Rix said...

Sorry I'm late getting here. It's great to see you here Anne. To have so many of you under one roof so to speak, is wonderful!

I'll sneak in here as often as I can.

Sue :-)
who has just hit her first ever 'sagging' middle!